Increased security and efficiency through biometrics
In some situations, the use of ID cards may not be suitable or sufficient. They can be lost, forgotten, given to someone else or manipulated. Some security environments require an exact verification of the user’s identity, which adds significantly to costs when done manually.
The most accurate and cost-efficient way to identify people is through biometrics. This is where Kaba is a leading specialist. A fingerprint cannot be stolen, which reduces security risk. It cannot be given to a colleague (by an employee), hence no more buddy punching. And a biometric reader costs a lot less than security guards.
Kaba time and attendance terminals and locking components can be programmed to use fingerprint identification as the sole identity medium or in addition to a badge for verification purposes. This provides a fast, convenient and easy way to ensure unique user identification.
Additional biometric technologies (e. g. iris scanning) can be easily integrated at any time thanks to existing interfaces.
- Choice of identification (biometrics used instead of cards) or verification of identity (biometrics used in addition to badges).
- Significant savings as there are no false bookings or corrections. There are no badge production costs when biometrics are used as the sole identity medium.
- Offers legal certainty – you know for sure who was identified and when.
- Biometrics is simple to use. No employee training required.
- Data protection as the fingerprints cannot be copied or reconstructed.
- Biometric identities can be distributed to terminals at several sites instantly, so your employees are logged on immediately wherever they are.
Using biometric technologies is recommended in the following situations:
- Where additional verification is required for security reasons before access is permitted, e.g. to protect alarm centres, archives and data centres.
- Where a biometric solution is required for convenience, for example in areas used by board members.
- Where hygiene regulations do not permit the carrying of additional objects such as badges or keys, for example in laboratories and clean rooms.
- Where contactless verification is required for hygiene reasons, for example in operating rooms and research centres.
Biometric - Solutions from Kaba
(PDF-File - 643 KB)
Expertise for biometric solutions
Total Access Switzerland
Tel. +41 (0) 848 85 86 87
- Further contact information